Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tea Time South of Tokyo...



After having the opportunity to shoot and write a story in the Shizuku Province in Japan, on the process that green tea goes through start to finish, I thought it might be interesting to post a little of the work that came from it.
It really was an interesting process, and one that has delicately been passed down through generations. I spent my time with a well known tea farmer and his son, who actually have been asked to produce the tea that the Japanese emperor drinks... not a bad client to have I imagine.
We walked, picked, dried, cut, chopped, swept, weighed... and then drank. After getting to have such an intimate walk with the tea throughout the shoot, I think it tasted that much sweeter.
It was a really interesting challenge to do the writing for the story as well...